So what should happen?
– Tax incentives on startup and infrastructure costs
– Payroll incentives (the larger the force, the better the incentives We must embrace technology, automation but we need people to be employed. Another key learning from Japan was the amount of menial jobs, cleaners, guards, attendants)
– Not industry bailouts (didn’t work with the automobile industry. They just seemingly bank the profit)
– Access to world best practice experts and global for mentoring and business support to build a world-class manufacturing-based build through innovation. Guess what – most of those people are here already.
– Our mindset needs to shift. One from consumerism and one of pride. We see that pride now. That needs to be sustained, especially when it comes to price. Let’s stop being seduced by the lowest price. Let’s stop being seduced by our need to live an easy life. Lets set ourselves up for success.
Let's not fall into hibernation - lets reset.