- It is fair to say we have all been working in a changing environment and that is why it is pleasing to see the Redland City Council extend support to the community for some grants – a $1000 grant for professional service and a $5000 grant to restructure/rejig to effectively innovate your business. I will go into these in a little more detail in a sec, but when we compare these grants to other councils we really are in a great position.
- It’s important to note these business grants are part of a $370,000 package incorporating $10,000 community grants. It is not clear how much is being dedicated to each component, but we do know the $5000 innovation grants are being funded with $80,000 from the Advancing regional innovation fund, which then provides $290,000 for the other initiatives.
- Importantly the 80k will support 16 $5 maximum funding
- Let’s discuss the $1000 grant first.
- Professional advice services (offered by firms located within the Redland City Council
Local Government Area) up to the value of $1,000 to support Redlands Coast
businesses impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Eligible services include:
Human resource services
Other business-specific advisers
Applicants must be:
A registered business or sole trader;
Operating and not insolvent;
Based in the Redland City Council local government area;
Able to demonstrate financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic;
Able to demonstrate annual turnover is less than $5M;
Employing between 0-19 staff.
– public liability of the provider